- Riddell Revolution IQ HITS helmet - CNN American Morning Time's Best InventionsRiddell Revolution IQ HITS helmet - CNN American Morning Time's Best Inventions
- Virginia Tech Head Impact Telemetry System (H.I.T.S.) study on Discovery ScienceVirginia Tech Head Impact Telemetry System (H.I.T.S.) study on Discovery Science
- Virginia Tech Study of Hard Hits in Football - WTTG-TV Fox 5Virginia Tech Study of Hard Hits in Football - WTTG-TV Fox 5
- Riddell Sideline Response SystemRiddell Sideline Response System
- Case Study of a Head to Head Impact in Football - Riddell SRSCase Study of a Head to Head Impact in Football - Riddell SRS
For the first time in history, Riddell’s patented Head Impact Telemetry System (HITS™) records every frequency and severity of impacts to a player received during games and practices.
Riddell’s exclusive Head Impact Telemetry System (HITS) and Sideline Response System (SRS) technologies allow for easy and accurate sideline monitoring of on-field head impacts via wireless communication. The MX Encoder, part of the patented technology, provides on-board electronics in the helmet that monitor and record impacts while in use. The systems measure the location, magnitude, duration and direction of head impacts and impact accumulations and transmit that information wirelessly to the sideline. This provides coaches and medical staff with valuable information – in real-time if they choose – that can be used to identify potentially dangerous head impacts. The data is synchronized and stored in a secure database and is available to the user via simple to read reports designed to provide a deeper understanding of the impact exposure profile of the athlete.
HEAD IMPACT TELEMETRY SYSTEM (HITS™)
MX Encoders are sensors built into every HITS™ helmet to automatically record impacts. Data can be downloaded wirelessly to desktop or laptop after the game or practice. MX Encoders can also be used with SRS for real-time information.
SIDELINE RESPONSE SYSTEM™ (SRS)
The Sideline Response System™ patented exclusive technology from Riddell® provides real-time detections and monitoring of potentially dangerous head impacts for multiple players on a team. Learn more about the Sideline Response System™ at www.riddell.com/srs/index.html
REDZONE SOFTWARE has a powerful suite of software tools, RedZone Reports, that issue sophisticated, customized analysis of head impacts for the entire team, squad or individual player. The charting and reporting features are available to any authorized user, with internet access to the TAD.