HOW TO GET YOUR HELMET RECONDITIONED AND RECERTIFIED BY RIDDELL
Annual Reconditioning and Recertification is Recommended for Every Helmet
- 1. CALL RIDDELL AT 1-800-275-5338 Our Consumer Services team will help you initiate the Reconditioning and Recertification process.
- 2. SEND US YOUR HELMET Riddell will email you an evaluation form along with a pre-paid shipping label.
- 3. INSPECTION We will evaluate your helmet and call you with an exact price before any work is done.
- 4. RECONDITIONING AND RECERTIFICATION Includes cleaning, sanitizing, buffing/painting/color changes, inspection, repairs and NOCSAE certification.
- 5. GO PLAY Your helmet is returned fully reconditioned, recertified and ready for the next season.
- MANUFACTURER CERTIFIES PRODUCT MEETS NOCSAE® PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
It's never too early to start thinking about next year - please read before shipping an item to Riddell for reconditioning and recertification.
Never send an item to Riddell for reconditioning without speaking to a Consumer Services rep first.
Riddell is not responsible for any items sent without the proper paperwork, including the evaluation form used in your inspection.
All interior pieces should remain inside your helmet intact when shipping for reconditioning.
Please remove all chinstraps, visors/eyeshields & mouthguards prior to shipping any helmets.
These items will be discarded upon receipt. Riddell is not responsible for any helmet accessories received along with reconditioning orders.
Face masks may be left attached to helmets sent in for reconditioning.
Face masks are inspected but are not reconditioned. A face mask deemed unsuitable for play during inspection will be noted during your follow-up call. You will have the opportunity to add a new face mask to your reconditioning order for an additional cost at this time.
Individual reconditioning orders average 4 weeks turnaround.
Please visit our HELP section for more frequently asked questions about the Riddell reconditioning and recertification process.
GROUP RECONDITIONING ORDERS
Team or group reconditioning orders can be set up through the local Riddell representative in your region. If you do not know the name of your representative, or require your rep’s contact information, you can access Riddell’s representative listing HERE.